Suppliers: Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environment (QHSSE) policy
Our extensive QHSSE explains how our values guide our decisions and supported through our WW Business Standards. This policy applies to all employees, contractors, visitors and third parties.
Our ambition is to deliver quality products and services for our customers whilst causing no accidents, no harm to people, no security breaches and no adverse effects on the environment.
We take responsibility for creating and maintaining a safe and secure work environment. Every person working for and on behalf of Wilhelmsen Ships Service is responsible and authorised to perform work in a safe, secure and responsible manner. This means:
▪ taking time out to safely plan an operation and stopping any unsafe activity
▪ meeting customer expectations with quality products and services
▪ addressing security threats to people and property
▪ minimising the environmental impact of our activities
▪ complying with legal, regulatory and other requirements
▪ assessing and managing identified risks
▪ ensuring continual improvement
▪ reporting and investigating undesired events adopting a “no blame” approach
▪ consulting with employees and other interested parties
▪ preparing for emergency response
As an organisation, we commit to:
• build a robust QHSSE culture that matches our ambition
• prevent incidents, accidents, injuries and illness
• prevent security breaches
• improve resource efficiency and minimise waste
• improve customer satisfaction
• improve risk-based reporting and handling of undesired events
This policy is endorsed and approved by the Wilhelmsen Ships Service central management team and is applicable from January 15, 2020.